Friday, November 27, 2009

XXI Century Molecular Kitchen With Wojciech Modest Amaro

One of the adventures everyone of us is taking upon every day is...cooking. Judging from some of my friends and mine experiences, quite frankly it is not the easiest adventures in our lives. It's a lot of messing up, mixing, time management and stress there...

There are, of course the cook books that are suppose to guide us during those experiences and discoveries. And there is a Polish ones to, that our mothers, grandmothers and grand grand mothers commonly used for years.

But modern cuisine is something more than those old granny books. We all see that and we are all eager to bring some freshness and sexiness to our kitchens. That's why programs like "Simply Cook" ("Po prostu gotuj") with Pascal Brodnicki or Jamie Oliver series are so extremely popular. It's because we all search for this perfect recipe there.
The XXI Century Gastronomy by W.M. Amaro*

And here I went, just last night, to a event that has changed my way of thinking of cooking totally. It was a promotion of a book of Wojciech Modest Amaro titled "Kuchnia XXI wieku" (XXI Century Kitchen). Not writing too much about the event itself (it was really nice though), the food was simply spectacular and brilliant.

It's because Wojciech Amaro uses a "molecular kitchen" technique that, simply saying, means using the lab techniques and science in everyday life cooking. So, we have a lot of liquid nitrogen there, fantastic creamy coups in test tubes or spheric Apple raviolis.

More info on molecular gastronomy here:

But I will say no more, just that you should really try (I can't wait to do that and let you know about this) :)

Now, let th dishes say for themselves....

Polish style Duck

Unusual sturgeon

Foie gras

*pictures come from the media materials from the event
The book is aprox. 50 PLN (so I was told), so I think good price for students ;)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want not concur on it. I assume precise post. Especially the title attracted me to be familiar with the whole story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete